1st Degree – Data Analyst
Work as a Data Analyst for a boutique marketing, public relations and advertising firm based in Northern Virginia. The Analyst will collect and analyze data to identify useful trends and provide 1st Degree account personnel with relevant information to facilitate informed decisions for our non-profit clients. The ideal candidate must be an inquisitive thinker, comfortable with a varied set of data sources and reporting tools, and passionate about connecting data with business results.
This is a full-time position at 1st Degree. It is an excellent opportunity for a professional to take education, talent and experience to the next level working in an agency environment. Position based at 1st Degree offices in Manassas, Virginia. This position reports to the Sr. Vice President of Media and Analytics.
- Utilizes data sets and existing initiatives to report on and forecast business trends, outlining key insights to inform ongoing strategy.
- Interprets data, analyzes results and provides standard, ad hoc, and custom reporting to account teams and clients.
- Identifies, analyzes and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Collects and analyzes datasets using Excel, MS Access, R, SQL, Sisense and other tools and languages as required.
- Processes regular updates to supplemental reporting, including results summary worksheets, utilizing advanced pivot table functions.
- Works closely with internal staff and 3rd party data providers to ensure validity and accuracy of results data.
- Works with Sisense, business intelligence reporting tool, to develop and ensure consistent refreshed updates to existing dashboards.
- Creates and updates data sets and dashboards in Sisense based on current and future client analytic needs.
- Identifies areas for analytical innovation and process improvement, performs independent research, develops innovative approaches, processes, or code.
Required Candidate Characteristics
- Fundamental understanding of relational database design and reporting systems.
- Experience executing analytic tasks (including but not limited to data mining, segmentation, forecasting, data visualization, etc.) and creating meaningful outputs.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with business intelligence reporting tools. Familiarity with Sisense a plus.
- Ability to work independently at a fast pace with limited direction.
- Demonstrated meticulous attention to detail.
- Comfort working across a wide array of client data and reporting platforms.
- Comfort with a fast-paced agency environment and a variety of client service tasks.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects while working independently and on teams.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with internal staff.
- Other key competencies include innovation, an entrepreneurial spirit, a talent for detecting patterns, outstanding problem-solving abilities, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to multitask, have strong attention to detail, and be highly organized.
- At least 3 years of experience handling a database with multiple large datasets.
- Experience with data analysis and data visualization in MS Excel, MS Access, and reporting platforms that sit atop multiple database and non-database sources, such as Sisense.
- Demonstrated knowledge of additional databases such as SQL Server and MySQL.
- Must be familiar with data warehousing, data mining and data mapping processes.
- Must have a strong understanding of project management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Computer Science or related field. U.S. citizenship required.
Each full-time position at 1st Degree is eligible for our comprehensive benefits package, which includes paid company benefits such as AD&D, life insurance, STD/LTD, for health insurance, health savings plan and accrued vacation/sick leave. Employees also have the option to participate in a company-sponsored 401K plan. Several benefits have minimum employment lengths before eligibility.
1st Degree provides strategic counsel and designs winning public affairs and communications campaigns for nonprofit, association and government clients. Our creative solutions advance the mission and business priorities of our clients by delivering results in the most challenging environments.
Our team includes marketing and public relations strategists with extensive experience in managing complex projects. 1st Degree is a different kind of career experience with the highest quality client relationships. Our team members are motivated by our business approach, where our success is predicated on our clients’ success.
1st Degree is a Moore company, one of the largest direct marketing firms in the country dedicated to the nonprofit, association and government sectors. More about the company and our clients can be found at 1stdegree.com.
We are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.