CDR Fundraising Group – Copy Supervisor/Editor
The Copy Supervisor/Editor will proofread and modify content for agency clients, including digital, DRTV and other client specific items to ensure that communications are accurate, grammatically correct, readable, informative and correspond with the brand image of each client.
- Reviews and edits draft copy in established formats to ensure the highest quality in all communications while meeting defined deadlines.
- Consults with account executives to obtain information on client programs and services and establish and maintain copy style guides for assigned clients.
- Understands and consistently reflects the brand voice of the client.
- Reviews copy with account teams to ensure adherence to strategic focus, desired copy tone, client mandatories and appropriate copy length.
- Ensures that all client guidelines are met regarding language preferences, the inclusion of required content and the exclusion of prohibited content.
- Identifies and edits copy for errors in punctuation, spelling, grammar, omissions, arrangement, transitions, and inconsistencies.
- Verifies via online research that names, places and organizations are spelled properly, and that facts, dates and statistics are accurate.
- Proofs all artwork PDFs in order to ensure that all corrections have been made and reviews printer’s proofs to ensure accuracy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to adhere to strict deadlines and set goals and objectives to achieve them.
- Must be extremely meticulous, accurate and thorough to identify and correct errors.
- Must read and write English clearly and concisely. Spanish language knowledge is a plus.
- Must possess general knowledge of nuances of language usage in a direct response environment.
- Research and interview savvy skills required in order to confirm that data, statistics, facts, and dates are accurate and current.
- Knowledge of digital media production and communication.
- Proficient in MS Word, Adobe Acrobat Standard or Pro (editing tools) and Outlook.
- Comfort with a fast-paced agency environment and a variety of client service tasks.
- Able to handle multiple concurrent projects while working independently and collaborating with teams.
- Other key competencies include adaptability, initiative and innovation, sound judgement, and strong interpersonal & communication skills.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Journalism, Communications or English.
- Three to five years of copy editing/proofing work-related experience required.
Creative Direct Response, Inc., is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to apply: CDR Copy Supervisor/Editor