Edge Direct – Vice President of Strategy
The Vice President of Strategy leads a team of strategists who provide overall strategic/analytic direction to ensure the ultimate success of our multichannel fundraising programs for our nonprofit agency clients.
This position reports to the Chief Strategy Officer. In addition to leading the team, the VP of Strategy will assist in the implementation and communication of overall strategic initiatives set by the Chief Strategy Officer, including introducing and supporting the use of new tools and processes to the team that are designed to elevate Edge Direct’s fundraising programs.
The VP of Strategy possesses advanced knowledge of best practices regarding direct response fundraising. This role requires significant understanding of Edge Direct’s fundraising approach including our processes, products, and guiding principles along with a complete understanding of direct response strategy and analytics. As the leader of the Strategy team, the VP of Strategy will manage the day-to-day operation of the team and be familiar with each agency client’s programs and goals and ensure Edge Direct delivers exceptional results to our fundraising clients.
- Build, develop, and lead a team of direct-report strategists who will create and implement innovative campaigns for clients to achieve or exceed their goals
- Work with team members to develop deep knowledge of our clients’ programs, to produce campaigns that continually challenge controls and improve results
- Interface with the client at various levels within the organization to support the strategy team, share Edge Direct’s point of view, and resolve client issues when needed
- Provide oversight and direction to the strategists as they develop annual client budgets and short and long-term projections
- Interpret and provide insights on fundraising strategies based on Edge Direct’s file health report (DDA) to set strategic priorities for long term client program growth
- Evaluate each Edge Direct client to find opportunities to implement multichannel integration
- Advise on the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of effective testing strategies to improve program performance and ensure that all strategists are implementing creative, package, segmentation, and ask tests to improve performance
- Lead regular test reviews across multiple clients to share results and knowledge to ensure that winning strategies can be implemented across our client base
- Create opportunities to share testing results within the team and across the company
- Provide guidance on the development of appropriate coding structures needed to facilitate Edge Direct’s sophisticated segmentation strategies
- Advise on audience selection strategies for donor campaigns to ensure maximum effectiveness of campaigns
- Evaluate each client to find opportunities to implement mid-level, major donor, and planned giving initiatives
- Monitor all client program results including evaluating return on investment for each client, and provide opportunities to apply learnings for future programs across all clients
- Participate in the development of presentations and attend client meetings as needed to share program outcomes and strategic recommendations
- Lead the strategy team in Edge Direct’s quarterly and annual business forecasting by sharing account trends and future client needs
- When needed, develop effective sales presentations in conjunction with Sales Team to showcase Edge Direct strengths and competitive advantages, with a focus on multichannel opportunities to elevate client-agency relationships and nonprofit fundraising programs
- Attend sales presentations to communicate strategic capabilities and recommendations to prospective clients
- Develop and implement new and innovative approaches and packages to offer, expand or improve current practices
- Design long-term company strategic plans in coordination with all team members to ensure account retention, continued account success and realistic program expansion
- Participate in industry conferences to develop knowledge and skills and present Edge Direct programs and viewpoints as opportunities arise
- Share knowledge with other team members and encourage ongoing professional development to elevate Edge Direct’s reputation and standing in the industry
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to lead a team of senior-level strategy professionals and assist them in continuing to develop their skills and knowledge base
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
- Excellent team-building skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionally with other teams within Edge Direct and across the Moore enterprise.
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to share knowledge and strategies clearly and concisely to both internal and external teams, including executives and senior-level development professionals
- Careful attention to detail, and the understanding of big-picture strategies for growing our clients’ donor files
- Experience managing across multiple clients and projects
Education & Experience:
- Certification: CFRE preferred. Strict adherence to AFP ethical standards and practices is expected.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 15+ years experience in leading strategic fundraising initiatives
- Ability to inspire and retain high-quality strategy professionals
- Proficiency with Microsoft Teams and Word
- High-level proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel as needed for regular client meetings and industry events –approximately 10-15%
Edge Direct is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.