Moore – Operations Controller
The Operations Controller position will assist the CFO in managing all financial reporting for a multi-company agency environment and is responsible for coordinating all accounting processes for agency operations. This will include all aspects of agency accounting functions, including reporting, auditing, compliance, process, and procedural requirements needed to support and improve financial performance.
As a key member of the finance team, the Operations Controller will also be a part of the team responsible for building the foundation for integration of a new software system into the enterprise. He/she will also help develop the business cadence, process reporting and analytics as it pertains to supporting the implementation.
This role provides critical support and plays a liaison role for the CFO with all agency operations and will be responsible for managing projects and other activities as assigned by the CFO.
- Supports the CFO by managing site controllers and ensuring accurate reporting of the results.
- Communicates monthly financial objectives to operational and finance site leaders.
- Monitors activity throughout the month and provides input, observations and suggests corrective actions.
- Provides continuity between the CFO, Executive Leadership Team and Site Leaders goals ensuring clear communication of budgets, goals, and expectations.
- Reviews, audits and verifies financial data on critical reports prior to submitting to CFO.
- Participates in both enterprise and site-specific strategic planning sessions as required.
- Manages monthly, quarterly, and year-end cost accounting close requirements to meet targeted deadlines. Also has oversight of the closing calendar for the agency operations.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly gap analysis for each agency operation.
- Builds foundation for integration of a new software system and develops process reporting and analytics for implementation.
- Provides training and staff development for his/her team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in a software that has Project Management, Sales, CRM, Time Tracking, Resource Scheduling, Client Billing, Finance, and Reporting capabilities.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles and practices, General Ledger and Inter-company transactions.
- Adaptable to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent changes or unexpected events.
- The ability to analyze financial data, identify trends and provide insights into financial performance and make recommendations to achieve the financial goals.
- Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to finance procedures, policies, and protocols.
- Understands importance of timeliness and accuracy of reporting ensuring all critical deadlines are met.
- Leads by example, takes initiative – strives for continuous improvement and attainment of the financial goals. Demonstrates the ability to coach and teach as needed.
- Fosters open communication and collaboration within the finance team and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrates the ability to resolve conflict through open dialogue and constructive thinking.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities and develops realistic action plan.
- Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, and the ability to monitor his/her team’s work to ensure quality.
- Ability to work within a highly confidential environment.
- Ability to work remotely with other agencies.
Education and Experience
- Experience in Workamajig or equivalent agency software required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA highly desired but not required.
- 5+ years work experience in the Direct Marketing Industry preferred.
- Experience working with a multi-company or multi-division structure is preferred.
Moore is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please reply with a resume and compensation requirements to: email@example.com