Multiple – Folding Envelope Machine Adjuster
Available in Richmond, VA, St. Louis, MO, and Topeka, KS.
The Adjuster independently performs tasks related to set up, operation, and maintenance of envelope folding ensuring efficient operation in the production process.
- Set up and adjust machine and equipment for safe and efficient operation in the production process to meet work order specifications. This includes the start-up, operation, adjustment to proper parameters involving close tolerances, maintenance, troubleshooting and cleaning of equipment.
- Reviews job tickets to determine tools, parts and materials necessary for machine changes and/or adjustments.
- Performs both standard and special machine adjustments to meet job specifications.
- Troubleshoots problems, repairs/replaces damaged and worn machine components.
- Assists in adjuster/operator training.
- Trainees will assist in performing changes, adjustments and repairs on production machines.
- Examines, tests, and measures product from assigned equipment.
- Examines product for defects and ensures quality process is followed.
- Changes window rolls.
- Analyzes mechanical issues on assigned equipment and takes corrective action.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and ensures consistent quality production.
- Minimizes waste by ensuring all waste is properly segregated, weighed, recorded, and placed in the proper waste container.
- Assists machine operator in maintaining quality control and production requirements.
- Provides coverage for machine operator if necessary.
- Notifies shift supervisor of recurring equipment issues and any correction action taken.
- Maintains a hazard free, clean machine and work area to include sweeping, removing waste, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Skilled at reading and understanding machine manuals and part books and able to identify and order necessary parts.
- Excellent mechanical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to read a tape measure down to 1/16.
- High degree of mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity.
- Ability to perform in a high-volume work environment with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to work and meet deadlines with minimal direction.
- Ability to quickly change tasks and direction based on business needs.
- Must possess ability to work at a rapid pace.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively with coworkers.