The Donnée Group – Director, Growth (Business Development & Marketing)
Reports To: Senior Leadership Team
Classification/Status: Flexible (Full-Time or Part-Time or Contract)
Job Location: Remote within Canada
The Director, Growth (Business Development & Marketing) has a unique opportunity to leverage relationships in the Canadian nonprofit industry, broad fundraising experience and marketing know-how. They will lead The Donnée Group’s growth as we bring a full suite of integrated direct-response fundraising capabilities to the Canadian market. The Director, Growth is responsible for all aspects of The Donnée Group’s sales and marketing efforts from planning and strategy to execution and evaluation.
- Identify prospects, cultivate relationships, and collaborate in the development and delivery of proposals, and pitches.
- Develop and implement business development strategies and plans designed to capture new opportunities to achieve short and long-term agency growth targets.
- Develops and nurtures a wide network of relationships with prospects, collaborators, partners, and key stakeholders in the Canadian non-profit sector.
- Identifies and engages Leadership Team in the evaluation of opportunities for TDG to expand into new markets, expand service offerings and products based on the understanding of Canadian non-profit fundraising market.
- Oversees the development of a cohesive marketing plan and strategies designed to increase awareness of the Agency and it’s services.
- Lead agency marketing execution, including events, content, digital and social media.
- Ensures effective alignment and integration of marketing and business development strategies and tactics with Moore colleagues.
- Develops marketing KPIs and associated measurement plan.
- Continuously review and improve the marketing mix to achieve optimal effectiveness.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in a related field and/or significant relevant experience.
- 5+ years of direct experience in the non profit fundraising space, including experience in Direct Response Fundraising.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and executing business development and marketing strategies achieving exceeded expectations.
- Solid knowledge of marketing analytics and metrics demonstrating return on marketing investment
- Experience working within an entrepreneurial organization is an asset.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with customers and key stakeholders and the ability to influence through these relationships.
- Significant experience working with senior non profit decision makers and stakeholders.
- Strong strategic orientation and business acumen – understands fundraising as a business.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment, establishing goals and delivering against targets.
- Ability to successfully bring together and generate cooperation across diverse groups with potentially conflicting goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates a high aptitude for adaptability and flexibility.
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively with and through others.
The Donnée Group, a full-service results-focused direct response fundraising agency is a leading provider of direct marketing and consulting services to the Canadian nonprofit sector. Working with a diverse client base including national health charities, social welfare organizations and community hospital foundations we are adept at developing direct response fundraising programs for specific markets and audiences in both English and French. Our office is in Toronto’s vibrant Kensington Market.