Direct Response Television (DRTV) used to be limited to a small number of large nonprofits. With advances in technology and the birth of myriad cable channels, the costly barriers to enter this channel have dropped. Moore has successfully integrated DRTV into many of our clients’ monthly sustainer giving programs, including Shriners Hospitals for Children, Disabled American Veterans, Mercy Ships, March of Dimes, Paralyzed Veterans of America, and Children International.
DRTV is perhaps one of the broadest of the various direct response channels, but a successful DRTV program tends to have a positive impact on other fundraising outlets, such as direct mail, digital, telephone, special events, and PR, making it an important addition to your fundraising mix. It lifts an organization’s brand and enhances its reputation with the general public. See if you have what it takes to start up in DRTV (hint: it’s not only for those with images of kids and animals).
– Create a strategic message and offer
– Transform that message into a creative spot that compels the viewer to act
– Manage day-to-day broadcast media placement to maximize visibility and profitability
– Optimize call centers and digital platforms to effectively convert leads
– Establish processes to thank donors, fulfill premiums, and communicate downstream
– Set up the data flow and reporting to accurately measure performance and impact